Have you ever found yourself:
- Feeling anxious but unable to pinpoint the exact reason?
- Having trouble concentrating or focusing on daily tasks?
- Unable to sleep at night due to "racing thoughts" that are difficult to turn off?
- Unable to find happiness in previously enjoyable tasks?
- New to Chicago and unsure how to make the city your new home?
- Feeling stressed and overwhelmed with the demands of work or school?
- Unsure of your career path, family planning or future goals in general
- Dealing with recent life changes and or transitions that are difficult to cope with?
- Challenged by your relationships with friends, co-workers, peers, significant others and or marriage?
- Having a difficult time making friends, being social or unsure where to start the process?
- Lacking in self-care, fitness and or health motivation?
- Experiencing grief after losing a loved one or failed relationship?
- Unable to complete daily tasks, maintain relationships and or preform at work due to a change in mood?
- Unable to effectively cope with the unique challenges of managing a blended family?
- Experiencing panic attacks causing a disruption in your daily life?
- Unsure what is wrong but know that you are unhappy and feeling unfulfilled in life?
- Licensed to practice social work in the state of Illinois
- Master’s degree in Clinical Social Service Administration from the University of Chicago
- Master’s degrees in Education and Teaching from Dominican University
- Bachelor’s degrees in Sociology and Anthropology from DePauw University
- Trained in the Gottman Method for Couples Therapy
- Professor of Psychology at NLU
- I have more than 16 years of combined educational and clinical experience
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Couple and family therapy
- Interpersonal relationships
- Family Dynamics
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Career frustrations and employment dissatisfaction
- Women's Issues
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sex & Intimacy
- Divorce, co-parenting and mediation
- Life challenges during and after college
- School and work stress management
- Positive coping skills
- Self Esteem and self-worth
- Life after a breakup/Divorce
- Life coaching
- Peer relations
- Adults diagnosed with ADD/ADHD
- Adults diagnosed with Austism Spectrum Disorder
- Social Skills
- Dating Anxiety
- Anger management
- Life changes and transitions
- Families of loved ones with special needs
- Adults (18 and older)
In my sessions, I practice standard psychotherapy with a focus on psychodynamic and cognitive behavioral therapy approaches. These approaches are collaborative and dialogue-based — meaning that we’ll work together throughout the therapy process to help you develop healthier, effective habits and coping mechanisms.
I encourage a supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic environment — one that lets you feel free to talk honestly about thought and behavior patterns that are currently preventing you from living life to its fullest.
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Family / Marital
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Trauma Focused
Avg. Cost (per session):
Accepted Payment Methods:
BlueCross and BlueShield (PPO Only) Out of Network. Please call for details.
1416 W. Belmont Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657