- Certificate: AADP / 94793205 (2012)
- Certificate: Institute for the Psychology of Eating (2013)
- Certificate: FNLP Certification
- School: Functional Nutrition Alliance
- Year Graduated: 2018
Mindy Gorman-Plutzer brings 25 years of nutritional counseling experience to her private practice as a Certified Functional Nutrition and Lifestyle Practitioner, Board Certified Integrative Health Coach, Certified Eating Psychology Coach. She introduces a unique functional approach to simple and complex health issues relating to or resulting from disordered and addictive eating behaviors.
Mindy has combined her life experience with her extensive training to create a system of strategies that are a combination of functional nutrition, practical coaching techniques, results-oriented psychology, body-centered practices, and mind-body science; introducing a positive and compassionate resolution to the physical, mental and emotional challenges resulting from the afore-mentioned issues.
In 2012, Mindy founded The Freedom Promise, a Functional Nutrition and Eating Psychology coaching practice. She is the author of The Freedom Promise: 7 Steps To Stop Fearing What Food Will Do TO You and Start Embracing What It Can Do FOR You, and recently launched her on-line program, “Stop Fearing Food and Start Loving Your Body: An Unconventional Approach to Say Goodbye to Your Disordered Eating for Good!” Mindy has appeared on Sirius XM’s Doctor Radio, Huffington Post Live, ABC news.com/podcast, various syndicated radio shows and podcasts, and written for Mind Body Green. She blogs regularly on all subjects related to mind, body and spirit.
My work combines the science and practices of Dynamic Eating Psychology and Mind-Body Nutrition. The skills I use from this training are a combination of practical coaching techniques, results-oriented psychology, clinical nutrition, body-centered practices, mind-body science, and a positive and compassionate approach to challenges with food and health.
My training in Functional Nutrition has supported my philosophy that food is medicine and that in order to address your state of dis-ease, we must understand the environment within which your symptoms are flourishing. In other words, what are the genetics, triggers and lifestyle factors contributing to the dis-ease state?
Together, you and I will create a partnership that supports you in re-framing old beliefs and reinforcing a new practical and health affirming skill set. The approach is positive, empowering, compassionate and motivating. The results are transformative and sustainable.
Avg Cost (per session):
Prices vary based on the session type or coaching package provided.
Visit my website for more details
Accepted Payment Methods:
I accept payment via credit card or Venmo.
Currently does not accept insurance.
The Freedom Promise
Here’s What The Freedom Promise Programs Include:
We meet for a one-on-one, 90-120 minute consultation, in person, by phone or virtual platform.
- Review your in-depth health history intake form
- Review lab reports from a functional perspective
- Explore and create clarity around your personal goals
- Create a roadmap to support your efforts and define the building blocks that will lead to sustainable results, utilizing the Functional Timeline and Matrix
- Uncover the #1 thing that is holding you back and stopping you from showing up for yourself
- Learn the one thing you can do right now to help jump start your journey to health, wellness and the fully nourished life you deserve
- Complete the session with the excitement of knowing exactly what you need to do to experience true transformation
After we meet for this session we’ll decide, together, which of my programs will serve you the best.
Sessions suited to your needs
We meet virtually or in person, from wherever you are. Sessions will be tailored to your individual needs and include but are not limited to:
- One or two sessions/week. Choose from 30 or 60 minute sessions where we celebrate your wins, navigate your challenges and set a plan in motion that guides you to manifest your intention, and finally experience lasting wellness
- Daily check-ins to ensure support and accountability
- Nutrition and lifestyle coaching to reinforce the tools you need to make empowered choices for sustainable and lasting wellness
- Recommendations for and discounts on appropriate supplementation to address your unique biology and psychology
- Worksheets and handouts to inspire, empower, educate and keep you accountable
A Private FaceBook Group
Become part of a safe and supportive community of like minded women. We’ll learn from each other and share insight and wisdom that comes with personal growth. Occasionally I’ll be inviting guest experts in the areas of gut health, holistic psychology, and nutrition.
As your situation changes you may require additional testing. I will refer you to expert practitioners who you can trust for the most accurate results.
I will refer you to the best practitioners in your city for energy and body work if you desire.
If I feel you would benefit from a higher level of care I’ll support you and guide you to choose the path to bring you the best results.
1385 York Avenue, Suite 24F, New York, NY 10021