- Years in Practice: 28 years
In her own childhood, Kathy experienced a lack of trust and safety, and had to get tough and fend for herself. She was intrigued by spirituality at an early age, which promised a better experience than she was having.
As an adult, a therapist once told her "Your work is to become softer" and a light bulb went off. This marked the beginning of a journey of opening up, trusting life, and courageously following her heart.
Kathy left her corporate job in 1990 to follow her passion for healing - both herself and others. She went from massage school to more emotionally-focused bodywork, to coaching. Even after 27 years of this work in San Francisco, she's still fascinated by this beautiful blend of body, mind, and spirit.
Read More from Kathy on her blog: http://www.kathyljacobson.com/blog/
Avg Cost (per session):
$225 per hour
Accepted Payment Methods:
Cash, check, PayPal, and all major credit cards.
Unfortunately, coaching is not currently covered by insurance.
I offer three main types of coaching:
You deserve to be happy; you deserve to have everything you can imagine. I'll help you become the most authentic you, so that you can live the life you want to live.
Working with you as an individual or as a couple, I will teach you how to say what is on your mind, and how to really listen. Whether you see me prior to marriage, during marriage, divorce, or any other relationship challenge, I can help you. I create a safe place for people to speak what is in their heart, facilitating great communication, which translates into healing.
End of Life Coaching
If you need to get your affairs in order, we can do that together. I'll work with you to make sure you've shared everything you want with the people you love. We will work together to help you find and feel comfortable about your beliefs about death.
The following principles are foundational for the work Kathy does with clients:
- It's OK to be happy. You get to choose whether you're happy or unhappy. It's not like the world is doing things to you. You get to decide what happiness means for you and create a life that fulfills your dreams. It can even be easy and fun!
- Connect with yourself. Connection starts with having a healthy relationship with yourself. Through self-reflection, self-soothing, and self-compassion, you'll be in a place where you can connect with others without needing them to fill a hole in you.
- Your body is really important. Your body speaks to you but you may not be listening. Pain, emotional or physical, is an indicator that something is off-balance. It's important to listen to the message behind the pain and take action if you want to live a long time and feel good in your body.
- Love is always the answer. If you're pissed off at somebody, what do you want to choose, resentment or love? Which is going to make you feel better? All the problems we face in relationships stem from an unwillingness to forgive, let go, and feel the love.
- Become your own authority. It's a dangerous thing to rely on others to tell you who you are and how you should live. As a life and relationship coach, she would never tell anybody who they are. She will guide you to be true to yourself and find your own answers.
- Preteens / Teenagers (11 to 19)
- Elders (65+)